Why Do I Need Professional Email Templates?
Although social media is an extremely popular form of communication, emailing will always be the preferred method for businesses and professionals.
Because you can compose a detailed but to-the-point message to an individual that gets your message across perfectly, without the need for slang or any back-and-forth texting.
You can use professional email template examples to help write emails for any occasion. So, if you want to send emails that transmit the right message and receive the feedback you are hoping for (long-lasting readers or customers who end up converting to your business), you will need to learn how to write professional email templates for your business.
Professional Email Templates for Business You Should Use
Here is a list of different professional email examples and scenarios.
- Responding to general emails
Always keep emails professional, even if it’s a simple response!
- To welcome new subscribers to your mailing list
This professional email example is useful and used for everyone, you can customise it for their names and specific details.
- Thank you for your purchase or a payment reminder
Emails thanking purchases or asking for payment always need to stay formal, don’t slack here!
- Event invites/reminders/follow-ups
If you are inviting someone to an event you are probably going to need to send a follow-up email.
- Webinar invite/reminders/follow-up
The same as event emails.
- Feedback/review requests
Once someone has used your product or service you can request feedback.
- Booking appointments
If you are reaching out to a potential client to book an appointment, keep your messages professional and formal.
- Promotions and offers
Even little emails that land in mailboxes need to be professional if you want more chances of people buying your product.
- To join referral or reward programs
To convince recipients to join your referral program you’re going to want to make them feel part of the team.
- Downloading content
This could be an automatic message sent to someone who has entered their email to download content. Keep this short and formal.
Useful Tips in Making a Professional Email Format
Here are some helpful tips when writing a template for professional emails.
- Try to address the recipient using their name in the subject and the body! This makes the message more personal.
- Use emojis if it matches the brand voice… Using emojis in the subject line can lead to more openings, but only if that works for your business.
- Only include one CTA (call-to-action) per email; otherwise, it’s confusing.
- Include the link to the CTA within the body text and the desired button.
- Keep the body text short and to the point. Most people skim over emails and won’t read all the rest. You want the emails to be easy to read otherwise the recipient may unsubscribe.
- Think about whom the message is coming from. Use different senders for professional mail templates when appropriate.
- Include a contact method within your signature. Make it easy for them to reach you.
- Include a headshot in your signature, this makes you seem like a real person, and more likely to get a response from someone who doesn’t know you.
- Use bullet points in the body text when you can, this adds to the ease of reading.
- Always be polite, you want these recipients to stick around, so don’t be rude or forthcoming.
- Make sure you spell-check and proofread your work before sending it.
- Add the recipient's mail address LAST, so you don’t accidentally send an unfinished message.
Read more about what the main email etiquette rules and email mistakes are.
What to Avoid When Creating Business Email Templates
When creating professional email templates, you want to avoid the following things, just to save yourself from any embarrassment, lost readers, or extreme unprofessionalism.
- Using text messaging language, shortened words, and slang. This will never be professional, just don’t do it.
- Using abbreviations without understanding the meaning or using abbreviations when they could be misunderstood by readers.
- Forgetting a formal greeting and salutation. You cannot have a professional email template without a proper greeting and goodbye!
- Not checking spelling and grammar. If your writing is rubbish, you’re less likely to have readers that stick around.
- Not drafting long emails in a document first, before copying and pasting them into a composed message. By drafting your emails first, you can keep editing to achieve the result.
- Forgetting important attachments. It is rather awkward if you send a message asking the recipient to check an attachment when the attachment isn’t there.
Now you know what a professional email template is, when to use one, and what to avoid!
Check out these other posts to help with email templates:
Optimise Your Mailbox with Clean Email
Clean Email cannot help with creating business email templates or sending emails since it is not an email client. However, it is an email management tool that will change your emailing life forever.
You can clean old emails, unsubscribe from unwanted mailing lists, block senders, and automate rules to cut out the need for manual organisation!
Some Clean Email features are:
With Smart Folders, you can locate and sort emails more quickly. This feature will group all similar messages using predefined filters. All you need to do is select the filters you want, and the list of emails will show.
For example, easily find finance-related emails by clicking the ‘Finance’ Smart Folder, then refine your search further.
For the quickest way to clean your mailbox, use Cleaning Suggestions! This feature provides suggestions based on similar messages that you have cleaned before, and based on the most popular actions of the other app users.
Eliminate the need for manual organisation by using Auto Clean. This tool enables you to create automated rules to sort your mail for you as soon as they land in your inbox or to sort any existing messages.
For example, you can select a message, click the Auto Clean icon on the action bar, and create a rule to move all similar emails to Archive.
Remove yourself from unwanted mailing lists immediately with Unsubscriber. This tool works by sending an unsubscribe request on your behalf. You can also choose other actions when using this feature.
Here at Clean Email, we do not keep, sell, or analyse any of your data. Besides the web version, the app is available for download on iOS, Android, and Mac.