Change Yahoo Mail Password on Computer
To change your credentials from the computer, you need to get to your Yahoo settings. To do that, you can follow these steps below:
- Log into your account.
- Click on Settings which you can find while hovering over your profile icon.
- From settings, select Account Security.
- Scroll down until you see an option to change your password (and click it).
- Enter a new password.
- Get the on-screen confirmation.
You can follow these steps from any desktop browser. So whether you use Mac, Windows, or Linux, these instructions apply.
Change Yahoo Password on iPhone App
The long process towards updating your email password has never been easier. If you want to change your Yahoo password on iPhone App follow these steps:
- Tap your Yahoo account icon and select Settings.
- Tap the Account info. From the account settings screen, select the Security Settings.
- From there, tap the blue Change password link.
- Enter new credentials.
Change Yahoo Password on Android App
The process for changing your credentials on the Android app is pretty similar to the iPhone app. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Tap your account icon in the upper-left corner.
- Select Manage accounts and choose Account info under the account you want to change.
- Tap Security settings.
- Scroll down until you find the Change password button, tap it.
- Enter your new credentials.
How to Change Your Yahoo Password If You Forgot
If you don't have access to your account, you won't be able to access your settings. But Yahoo has security steps in place if you have credentials.
To start the password recovery process, go to the Yahoo sign-in helper. Once you get there, follow these steps:
- Enter your sign-in email address and phone number, recovery phone number, or recovery email address.
- Select your best method for authentication (backup email, app, etc.).
- Enter the code you received in your email or text (if applicable).
- Enter the new credentials after authenticating yourself.
If none of these options work, click the "Try another way to sign in". From there, you'll be able to look up solutions on Yahoo's knowledge base or contact their customer care line to verify your account ownership through some other means.
If your forgotten credentials can be traced back to a stolen account, you'll want to check out our Privacy Monitor.
How Clean Email Can Help Protect Your Accounts
Clean Email is about more than keeping an organized inbox.
Clean Email offers a feature called Privacy Monitor which keeps you informed about data leaks. This way, you can respond to email leaks by changing your credentials and keeping your account secure.
Of course, regularly cleaning your inbox with Auto Clean is still a handy feature. After all, if you can automate cleaning your inbox with our pre-set rules, think of all the time you'll save.
Plus, our Unsubscriber tool can help keep your inbox clear after you clean it. Remove the clutter by taking out unwanted emails before they get to you.
Change Yahoo Password - FAQs
What happens after you change your password?
After you change your credentials, Yahoo will log itself out of all of your devices. This means you'll have to enter the new credentials on those devices. So, if you believe someone has stolen your account, changing your password is a good first step.
How often do I need to change my Yahoo password?
Because Yahoo holds sensitive data, some security experts recommend you change your credentials at least two to three times per year. This number might increase in cases where you have compromised passwords. Email accounts need to be changed more because of this.
What can I do if my Yahoo account was blocked?
A locked Yahoo account most often happens because someone attempted to get into your account. Whether by accident or purpose, your first step should be to try and reset your password. If your reset fails you'll need to reach out to customer service.
What can I do if my Yahoo account was hacked?
If you suspect your account was hacked, change your credentials immediately and check your recovery settings. You might also check your app settings to see if you see any unwanted, third-party mail apps or unrecognized credentials. After going through this, check your mail settings to be sure nothing was changed.