Is Your Yahoo Inbox Overflowing?
Even though we all know the recommended email management tips to help reduce the number of messages that clutter our inboxes, that doesn’t mean we always follow those suggestions to maintain a clean mailbox.
It’s often hard to keep up with the hundreds of emails that flood our inboxes daily. Sometimes, you need to simply select all the messages and delete or move them to get your inbox back in order.
How To Select All Emails In Yahoo
In order to organize Yahoo Mail, you must first learn how to select the messages you want to move, delete, or label, whether you want to do it through webmail or the mobile app.
How to Select All in Yahoo Mail on the Web
- Go to https://mail.yahoo.com/ and log in to your account.
- From your inbox, click the checkbox. (It’s the checkbox above the messages and below the search bar.)
- Next to the checkbox, click on the down arrow and push All to select all messages.
- To the right of the message list, you will see how many messages are selected.
💡 Note: If you notice that not all emails are selected, you can scroll down until you find an unchecked message, then click the checkbox to deselect and reselect all messages. Also, keep in mind that Yahoo will only let you select up to 10,000 emails at a time. If you have more than 10,000 total messages in your inbox, you will have to deal with the first 10,000 before you can select additional ones.
How to Select All in Yahoo Mail App on Mobile
- Open the Yahoo mobile app.
- Click the empty checkbox near the top message in your inbox. This will start the selection tool.
- In the upper right of the screen, tap Select All.
- This will select all emails in your inbox.
💡 Note: Just like the webmail version, you can only select up to 10,000 total messages at a time in the mobile application. This and other Yahoo tips can help you maintain an organized inbox.
Select All Unread in Yahoo Mail
- Log in to your mail account.
- From your inbox, click the checkbox. (It’s the checkbox above the emails and below the search bar.)
- Next to the checkbox, click on the down arrow and push Unread to highlight all unread messages.
- To the right of the message list, you will see how many emails are selected.
Select All Messages From a Sender in Yahoo Mail
When you click all emails, you will notice that you can only choose all, unread, read, starred, and unstarred. However, you can use Yahoo search operators to select all messages from a specific sender.
- Log into your inbox.
- Locate the search bar at the top of your mailbox.
- Type the sender’s address into the search bar.
- Now, use the checkbox to select all messages from that sender. Then you can choose to archive, delete, move them, and more.
How To Select Multiple Emails In Yahoo
- Log into your mail inbox.
- Find a message you want to choose, and click the checkbox to highlight it.
- Scroll up or down to choose any additional messages you’d like. To check a whole group of messages, you can press Shift + Click to highlight all the emails in a space.
Accessing your Yahoo inbox from Outlook? You can also learn how to select multiple emails in Outlook.
Take Control of Your Yahoo Inbox With Clean Email
Once you learn how to select all in Yahoo Mail, doing whatever you need with those messages is easy. However, it’s just as easy (if not even more accessible) to quickly click all messages and apply actions to those emails within the Clean Email app.
Here’s how to choose all Yahoo Mail messages in the Clean Email app:
- Open the app or sign in here.
- Click All Mail in the left-side menu.
- Click the Select button → choose Select All.
- Once all emails are selected, you can choose an action to apply to them.
💡 Note: If you only want to do something with all messages in a specific folder, you can pick the corresponding folder instead of choosing All Mail from the left-side menu.
Clean Email isn’t just an alternative to your traditional inbox. It’s an email management tool that makes it easy to organize your mailbox in the way that makes the most sense to you (please note that you can’t write and send messages with the app.)
The Smart Folders feature automatically sorts messages for you based on commonalities the app sees between emails. These smart folders make it easy for you to move, delete, or archive dozens of messages at once based on their label, like “online shopping” or “social notifications.” This helps you spend less time sorting messages and going through them manually.
Furthermore, the Auto Clean tool actually automates routine email tasks for you so you don’t even have to take the time to do them. All you have to do is choose the message from your All Mail or any other folder and press “Create Rule” to program the action with this message as an Auto Clean rule.
After that, Clean Email will do the work for you based on the information you provided when you set up the rule. For example, you can set it to archive all emails that become older than 2 years. You can apply this rule to all existing and future emails.
Other tools, like Unsubscriber, make removing your address from promotional mailings easy, while tools like Block Senders or Screener make it easy to stop unwelcome senders and reduce spam in your inbox.
Clean Email offers numerous features that make it easy to maintain a safe and clean inbox anytime.
Having a second email account? You can also learn how to select all in Gmail.
How To Select All In Yahoo Mail - FAQs
How can I select all my Yahoo emails at once?
You can select all messages in Yahoo by going to your inbox and using the selection checkbox and drop-down menu to select all.
How do I select multiple emails in Yahoo on my iPhone?
If you want to know how to select all in Yahoo Mail on iPhone, you just need to open the Yahoo mobile app, then check any emails you wish to highlight.
How do I select all messages in Yahoo inbox?
If you want to select all unread in Yahoo Mail or select any other messages, you can use the Select checkbox to choose them.