What Is Email Spam
Spam or junk emails are unsolicited messages sent mostly for the purpose of commercial advertisement or for phishing user information by cybercriminals. As mail spamming gets more sophisticated, so has early detection systems evolved in tracking, and effectively dealing with junk emails appropriately. However, as spam filters evolve, some genuine emails are sometimes sent into junk folders. This has become a money pit for businesses that spend fortunes on mail campaigns and are dealt with by the short end of the mail filter stick.
What Is Email Spam Checker
Email spam checkers are tools that help you analyze your emails before they are sent out. The results tell you where your emails will land when they are sent, flaws in your content, and other technicalities you should fix for higher ROI.
This tool conducts an email spam test in order to determine compromised IP addresses or domains, and every other factor that will cause your message to go straight into the junk folder, and most likely deleted. Imagine spending a fortune on creating the perfect mail ad copies, the best designs money can buy, only to have your messages go straight into junk. Certainly a waste of investment, and one that can be avoided simply with the use of the best email spam checker.
Why Use Email Address Spam Checker
Outright, mail spam checkers will help you know where your emails are ending up. Instead of spending a fortune on marketing campaigns with no ROI, conducting an email spam check on your emails will ensure you make the necessary adjustments to your campaigns before sending them out (learn more about how to send a secure email). This will improve your email deliverability, making sure people get the opportunity to click on your messages. An email spam tester will also increase sender's reputation as well as the overall quality of the messages for both sender and receiver.
Here Is What An Email Checker Does
These are how mail checkers mostly perform their analysis on your emails. A copy of your message is sent through the mail checkers accounts on popular service providers and data received is analyzed. Below is a closer look at their practice.
- Testing authentication: Email spam tester checks for domain keys identified mails (DKIM), sender policy framework (SPF), and domain-based message authentication, reporting, and conformance (DMARC) which are set up. These are verification principles created to prevent email phishing and spoofing. If anything is out of place, except you use a checker tool, you wouldn't know.
- Runs your IP/domain through blacklists servers: The checker tool runs through various blacklist sites and servers to verify if any blacklist mentions your IP-address or domain as spam. If they did, you will be notified after the check.
- Deploy checks on Spam Assassin: Spam Assassin is an advanced spam filtering program, which is either used as an independent junk filter tool or in addition to other junk filtering programs for maximum output.
- Runs check on message content: Email address spam checker analyses the message text in search of spammy words and ensures mail size is appropriate.
What to Look Out For When Buying a Checker Tool
These are the qualities to look out for when purchasing a checker tool for your business.
- Cost: There are plenty of reliable checkers out there you can get without breaking the bank. While there are some expensive tools for checking junk mails, they aren't necessarily better than those on a budget. Ensure to look out the cost and preferably go with a tool that wouldn't break the bank, but yet effective.
- Effectiveness: How effective is the email spam checker tool is the question to always ask before purchasing any software. Always look up public reviews of the selected tool before purchasing. Know what other users are saying about the service, what they like, as well as what they don’t like. This will give you an idea if it will be effective enough for your business.
- Extra features: While some checkers stick to one function (spam checking), there is more a junk checking tool can do. Some tools can analyze your content for spammy words and give suggestions on how to best optimize your content to gain more clicks.
Best Email Spam Checkers
These are our list of recommended checkers businesses can acquire without breaking the bank.
Postmark is a free email spam checker that allows users to know their mail spam score. Though ineffective as it doesn’t give recommendations, it is a great checker if you are looking for a free tool to check your spam score.
Mail-Tester is one of the best email spam checkers out there due to its extra features. The tool verifies authentication details, runs emails through SpamAssassin, checks messages for viruses, ensures the use of the right mail format, proves that your domain or IP is not mentioned in any blacklists, and detects broken links. This tool is multifunctional and gives your mail a score from 0 to 10 points while providing lots of useful insights and details to improve on your mail.
ISnotSPAM is another free spam email checker that allows you to check the spam quality of your mail. Though free, it offers quite the number of useful details on your mail quality. Test message is sent to a given address, and a report is shown within a minute. Although fewer than when using paid tools, it is all the same effective.
How the Clean Email App Can Help
Identifying and removing spam from your inbox is a great way to ensure that you are more efficient and productive. Spam isn’t just an annoying part of life – it can be dangerous. Certain spam messages may come from phishing accounts, email spammers, or potential hackers who want to steal your identity. However, it is not the only threat that can happen to your email account. It can be also compromised in data breaches caused by stolen or weak credentials. This is where the Privacy Guard feature from Clean Email can come in handy.
Privacy Guard will quickly recognize if your address was found in any known security breaches. If such an incident has occurred, you will be advised to take additional security measures allowing you to go about your day without a second thought of who may be trying to gain access to your funds or data (check out our guide on the email security best practices).
To use Privacy Guard, just sign into your mail account in Clean Email and choose Privacy Guard on the left panel of your home screen. It will perform the checkup and let you know of the results immediately. If your credentials are stolen, make sure to change your password, enable multi-factor authentication, etc.
Check out what the best email security solutions are and why emails are going to spam.
Email spam checkers are tools every business that utilizes email campaigns for promotions should use. You can never be too careful about where your emails are ending up. Utilizing spam checkers will give you technical details on how to best optimize your emails.
What Is Email Spam Checker - FAQs
1. What is email spam?
Spam is also called junk emails. These are unsolicited messages which are sent in bulk or individually for promotional purposes. Junk emails can be messages from cybercriminals with phishing links, business newsletters you didn't subscribe to, and people trying to force sell you.
2. Why do I need a spam checker?
Spam checkers are used to identify if your email campaigns are being read as junk messages by mail servers or mail filters. This tool is needed to identify possible mishaps in your domain, IP address, your mail content, and your spam score.
3. Why do I receive email spam?
Spammers are businesses trying to sell you or cybercriminals trying to steal your personal and transactional details. Junk emails are received if your address was purchased from email sellers or if it was found online.
4. How to stop getting email spam?
Mail filters help identify and delete junk emails as they hit your mailbox. This will not permanently stop junk messages but reduce it to its bare minimum. You should also avoid leaving your contact address in places where it can be compromised.
5. What are the best email spam checker tools?
Our recommended list of the best checker tools is: Postmark, Mail-Tester, ISnotSPAM, and others.