Sending, Forwarding, and Replying to Messages
This article shows how to send, forward and reply to messages within Clean Email.
📌 Note: Clean Email does not currently support sending outgoing attachments. You cannot add attachments to a new message, and if you forward or reply to a message that originally included attachments, the attachments are not sent.
📌 Note: When you send, forward, or reply to a message via Clean Email, the outgoing message is sent via your currently selected email account and Clean Email adheres to any limitations of your email provider.
📌 Note: Currently, new message, forward, and reply actions cannot be automated or included in Auto Clean rules.
- Sending New Messages
- Forwarding Messages
- Replying to Messages
Sending New Messages
There are several ways you can get started sending a new email message.
- Click New Message (or the envelope icon) at the bottom of the left-hand navigation pane.
- Select a message group and click the triple dot / More button. Then, click New Message in the sender context menu.
- Select a message group. Then, click More on the blue action bar at the bottom of the preview pane, and choose New Message.
In addition to these methods, if you use a desktop computer you can also hold the ALT or Option key and press N to start a new message.
When you start a new message, the New Message dialog appears.
This works just like sending a message in another email client:
- Enter the recipient(s), subject, and message body.
- You can click CC: to add CC or BCC recipients.
- You can use keyboard shortcuts or the provided controls to format the body of the message.
- Click Send when you are ready to send the message.
To forward a message in your mailbox to a different email address, first select the sender and then select the message you want to forward, in the preview pane.
In the card of the selected message, click the Forward button.
The New Message dialog appears, with the selected message’s subject and body already filled in.
📌 Note: Clean Email currently does not support forwarding attachments. Inline images, as in the following example image, are supported, but if you forward a message that has attachments, the attachments are not sent.
- In the Add recipients field, enter one or more email addresses. You can click CC: if you want to add CC or BCC recipients.
- You can optionally modify the subject of the email message.
- You can optionally enter text in the body of the message.
- Click Send to forward the message.
Replying to Messages
📌 Note: When replying to a message via Clean Email, Reply all is not currently available.
To reply to a message, first select the sender and then select the message to which you want to reply, in the preview pane.
In the card of the selected message, click the Reply button.
The New Message dialog appears.
This works just like replying to a message in another email client:
- You can optionally add additional recipients aside from the original sender; click CC: if you want to add CC or BCC recipients.
- Click the message body above the thread of the previous message and enter your reply. You can use keyboard shortcuts or the provided controls to format the body of the message.
- Click Send when you are ready to send the reply.
Please contact us and we will be happy to help.