Apply Actions to Messages of a Specific Size from a While Ago
- In the left-hand navigation menu, click the All Mail folder.
- Click the Old Mail button near the top of the page.
- The Older than filter defaults to a value of Older than 6 months. You can click the drop-down button to select a different message age, if desired.
- Next, click the Large Mail button near the top of the page.
- The Larger than filter defaults to 1MB in size, but you can click the drop-down and choose a different size if desired.
- Next, you will choose the messages to which you want to apply an action.
- If you want to select a single message group to clean, click the sender icon next to the sender name.
- If you want to apply an action to multiple message groups, or all of them, click Select at the top of the page.
Then, click the selection circle next to each message group you want to clean, or click Select all at the top of the page.
- Use the action bar at the bottom of the page to apply the desired action to the select messages.
⚠️ Caution: Please use caution when applying an action to multiple messages at the same time. Some actions are permanent and cannot be undone. It is important to review which messages are selected before taking an action on all of them.
For more information about each of the available actions, please see Actions Clean Email Supports.
- To move all selected messages to the trash, click Trash.
- To archive all selected messages–meaning to remove the Inbox label or move them out of the Inbox folder–-click Archive.
- To permanently delete all selected messages, click Delete.
📌 Note: If your goal is to free up space in your mailbox, use this option, since trashing or archiving messages does not delete them.
- To move to the trash all except the single most recent message, click Keep Newest.
When you click a button on the action bar, a dialog appears to confirm that you want to take the action on all selected messages. The number of messages that will be affected is shown.
By default, the Do not ask for confirmation again toggle is disabled, as illustrated above. If you click to enable the toggle, it turns green and the switch moves to the right. You will not be prompted to confirm this specific action when you perform it in the future.
Click Confirm to complete the action.
If you change your mind, click the X at the top right-hand corner of the action bar to close the action bar and unselect all messages.
Please contact us and we will be happy to help.