Clean Email provides flexible, customizable tools to help you clean your mailbox and keep it clean.
The Favorites feature lets you customize any filtered view with your preferred filters, search terms, sort sequence, and Group By settings, and save all of these configurations together as a favorite. You can create a favorite from any folder or Smart Folder–including archived messages, your inbox, or even the trash.
Saved favorites appear in the Favorites section of the left-hand navigation bar, below the Tools section.
📌 Note: If you remove all favorites, the Favorites section disappears until you add at least one favorite.
Marking Any Folder or Label as a Favorite
- In the left-hand navigation menu, click All Mail.
- At the top of the All Mail page, click the filter button.
- Click Labeled As and begin typing the name of the folder or label you want to make a favorite. You can use your mouse or the arrow keys on your keyboard to select the folder or label from the drop-down list.
- Click the heart icon at the top of the page to save the selected folder or label as a favorite.
- The Add to favorites dialog appears. Enter a name for the new favorite and then click Save.
The new favorite appears in the Favorites section of the navigation menu.
Creating a Favorite Using Filters
To create a favorite:
- Click any Smart Folder in the left-hand navigation menu. The folder’s default criteria will serve as a starting point for your favorite. For example, the Smart Folder Online Shopping includes messages regarding online shopping from anywhere in your email account.
- Optionally, use the search bar to search for a term and narrow down the criteria for messages to be included in your new favorite.
- Optionally, click Unread, Old Mail, or Large Mail to set a filter. Or, use the funnel button to access all filter options.
- Click the heart icon to the right of the Smart Folder name.
- Enter a name for the favorite, and then click Save. The new favorite appears in the Favorites section of the navigation bar.
A dialog appears with a text field.
Removing a Favorite
To remove a favorite:
- Select the favorite that you want to remove from the Favorites section in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click the blue heart icon next to the Smart Folder name at the top of the main window, to turn it off.
The favorite is immediately cleared and removed from the Favorites section.
Please contact us and we will be happy to help.