How to Delete Multiple Emails on Mac (step-by-step guide)
While you may have tons of storage to accommodate as many messages as you possibly would like, having too many irrelevant emails can get in the way of your important emails; leaving your mailbox cluttered. You always want to keep your inbox as clean as possible. To delete Mail storage on Mac, using the Apple Mail multiple cleaning functions is out of the question for busy bees. This is because inbox cleaning can take forever when carrying out the task with the mailbox provided features. The best alternative is by using email management software such as Clean Email.
How to delete multiple emails on Mac manually
- Open Apple Mail app by clicking on the icon on your dock.
- Select each message you want to remove while holding down the command key and then click the Trash can icon on the top bar.
- To remove consecutive emails without selecting them individually, simply click on the one at the top while holding shift, scroll to the last one, and select. This will highlight all messages within the first and the last. Then click the Trash can icon on the top bar to delete the selected messages.
- Search for emails by date, subject line, and other characteristics using the Search tab at the top of the screen. Using the magnifying glass icon, organize your emails by date, name, or other categories.
- Select in bulk using steps two or three and click on the Trash can icon on the top bar.
- To permanently delete all trashed messages, simply right click on a Trash folder on the mail sidebar and select Erase Deleted Items.
How to delete emails on Mac with Clean Email
Since your mails are categorized into different folders and sections, deleting multiple mails at once manually will take time. With Clean Email, you just have to log in your email through the tool and discover incredible features that will help you best sort your emails, delete in bulk, filter your emails automatically, unsubscribe from unwanted newsletters, and much more.
To use Clean Email to get rid of multiple emails on Mac, simply follow the instruction below:
- Using the Cleaning Suggestions feature. Cleaning Suggestions give you options on how to clean your mailbox quickly and easily. These suggestions are based on your commonly used actions with your emails or the commonly used actions of the other app's users.
- Using the Auto Clean feature. With Auto Clean, you are provided with the opportunity to delete any message that follows a specific rule. Once you set a rule, all emails matching the stated rule will be deleted. This feature can also be used for moving, labeling, archiving messages that are already in your mailbox or new mails you receive.
How to Delete All Emails on Mac
While very uncommon, sometimes you might have the need to delete all emails on your Mac.
These steps will show you how to delete all messages in Apple Mail app on Mac:
- Open Apple Mail app by clicking on the icon on your dock.
- If you have several mailboxes added, choose the one which emails you want to remove.
- Press command + A to select all messages.
- Press the Trash can icon on the top bar to delete selected messages.
This sends all deleted messages to the Trash folder.
How to Delete Archived Emails on Mac
People use email archiving for different purposes. Mostly, they revolve around the unwillingness to trash a particular email. Either due to its significance or its uselessness. However, when your archived mailbox has become unbearably clustered, it is time to have a clean slate.
Here is how to delete archived emails on Mac:
- Open Apple Mail app on your Mac.
- Click the Archive folder on the left sidebar.
- Press command + A if you want to select all archived messages. If you need to remove multiple archived emails, click on the one at the top while holding shift, scroll to the last one, and select.
- Click the Trash can icon on the top bar. This way you'll send the selected messages to Trash folder.
- Right-click on the Archive folder and select "Erase Deleted Items" to permanently delete.
How to delete multiple emails at once on Mac
Deleting multiple emails at once on Mac can be done simply by highlighting a group of messages either individually or by folder, and then clicking the Delete button.
Learn how to delete all emails from one sender and how to delete old emails in Gmail from our other posts.
How to Unsubscribe From Email Newsletters on Mac
Businesses are always tricking people into providing them with their personal email addresses. Sometimes you just don't know how or when you subscribed to a particular newsletter. While unsubscribing from newsletters might be easy, it becomes a huddle when you have to do so every day.
How Clean Email's Unsubscriber feature works
Unsubscriber from Clean Email ensures you never have to worry about promotional emails and unwanted newsletters ever again. It allows you to see every newsletter you subscribe to in one place. Here, with a few clicks and at any time, you can opt-out of any newsletter or promotion. It also keeps a list of all newsletters you have unsubscribed from so you can opt right back in whenever you want.
To start, simply download the app on your Mac (macOS 10.13+ including macOS 12 Monterey) from here and begin for free. Alternatively, you can use the Block Sender feature which simply prevents a particular service provider from ever reaching you again.
How to set a reminder on multiple emails on Mac
Sometimes you get an important email you would like to get back to or save for future references. Archiving it can and will help you isolate it, but without constant reminders, you can forget it was there in the first place. With Clean Email's Read Later feature, you can get a regular summary of emails on your Read Later folder.
Knowing how to delete multiple emails on Mac is how you keep your mails organized and inbox unclustered. While using third-party apps to keep your inbox clean, your privacy should always be a concern. There is quite the number of third party applications out there, and very few offer users the kind of privacy they need. Emails are personal, so much so that you can't have a third-party snooping in on your mails.
Wondering how to delete all emails on iPhone or delete all promotions in Gmail? Visit our blog to get the detailed instructions on how to declutter your mailbox!