Smart Views are predefined filters applied to your mailbox. Clean Email uses “Smart Views” to display emails, making it easy to go through your mail in minutes. Instead of presenting your mailbox as folders or labels we find emails matching views like "Travel", "Finance", "Social notifications", "Subscriptions and Newsletters" etc and organize your mail by date, size, senders and recipients, and other factors.
As a result, you can easily see emails across all folders or labels and clean them (delete, label, move etc) by group eliminating the need to go through each email one by one. This approach helps you quickly find old and large emails or remove or archive all emails in a folder or label with a single click.
Emails in the smart view can be grouped by a number of parameters. Clean Email supports grouping by:
- Sender – sender's name (for your convenience emails from the same email with 2 different names will be shown as separate groups).
- Email - takes into consideration only the email address.
- Subject - the subject of the emails.
- Time – Month and year when email was sent or received.
- Size – emails are grouped into size ranges like "Less than 1MB", "1-5MB" and others.
- Labels (or Folders).
- Sender/Recipients – group is a unique combination of a sender/recipient pair – useful if you'd like to find all emails from one of your emails to a friend or coworker or a correspondence between specific coworkers where you were just CC-ed.
- Recipients – emails of recipients.
For example, you can see your "Top Senders" grouped by sender and ordered Descending by "# of emails" and easily delete emails from senders who sent you most emails.
Or in "All Mail" group emails by "Labels":
The numbers listed for each Group represent the number of starred emails (if exists), the number of unread emails (with a blue background) and the number of total emails (with a gray background). If all emails in a group are Unread, only the Unread number will show (which is also the total).
For more details about Smart Views check out all types of emails Clean Email recognizes.
For any selection you would make, the right side of the computer screen will show a preview of the emails in that group as shown in the image above. For smaller screens, like phones and tablets, there will be an arrow at the end of each row that opens a separate screen with the preview. By default, the preview contains only email meta- data (sender, recipient, subject, date, etc).
With our most recent updates we added the possibility to view the full email content into the preview by clicking the button with the same name. The email content will be loaded temporarily and not saved on our servers in order to respect our privacy rules.
On the right hand side tab you also have the possibility to add/remove individual emails from the group before running your desired actions. You can use this option, for example, if you want to delete all emails from a sender but keep some of them.
Please contact us and we will be happy to help.